The use of corn stigmas is approved by official medicine. Drugs based on them and homemade medicinal decoctions are used to cleanse the body of toxins, improve metabolism, increase immunity stability. Fibers have a diverse effect on the liver and gallbladder, as well as on some other body systems:
- have diuretic choleretic properties, while not irritating to the urinary tract,
- normalize blood glucose levels, promotes insulin production,
- stimulates the kidneys, preventing the formation of stones and sand deposits,
- purify the blood of toxins, improve its clotting,
- help to remove excess bile, reducing its viscosity, normalize the secretion of bilirubin,
- with regular use strengthen the nervous system, help to cope with depression, insomnia.
What vitamins and microelements contain
A large number of useful properties due to the rich composition of the plant. Numerous studies have shown that the following substances are present in the stigmas:
- phytosterols (substances that reduce cholesterol absorption),
- tanning oils,
- B vitamins,
- vitamin C,
- vitamin k,
- vitamin P,
- essential oils.
Indications for use
Extract of corn silk is used to eliminate uterine bleeding, with problems with potency, for the prevention of cancer tumors. The main indications for the use of fibers in the case of diseases of the liver or gallbladder are:
- Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the bladder walls. It is a frequent complication of gallstone disease.
- Cholangitis is an inflammation of the bile ducts, which has arisen due to the penetration of infection from the reservoir for the accumulation of bile, intestines, blood vessels.
- Gallstone disease is a disease in which stones form in the bladder or its ducts. Corn fibers are especially useful in diagnosing cholesterol stones.
How to brew corn silk
For the preparation of medicinal drugs use fibers collected before pollination of corn. During this period, the highest concentration of useful substances is recorded on the cob, but if it is not possible to take fresh corn, it is allowed to buy raw materials in a dry form. Corn stigmas in cholelithiasis are used to prepare decoctions, infusions, teas, tinctures on alcohol:
How useful corn stigmas?
About corn silk everyone had to hear. They are often included in a variety of fees for the treatment of various diseases. But they can be used as an independent tool, as the healing properties are very extensive. However, there are contraindications, so before using you need to study in detail the information on the composition and effects on the body. All the necessary information you will find in this article.
What are corn stigmas?
Corn silk - it is silky to the touch of the thread, located on the cob of corn under the uppermost leaves. They have a peculiar, quite pleasant aroma and neutral taste.
Healing properties acquire corn stigmas only when full ripeness of the cob is achieved. Therefore, they need to collect closer to the end of the summer. If this is not possible, then ready-to-use raw materials can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Briefly about the chemical composition
Corn silk contain in their composition a huge variety of chemical compounds.
- A large set of vitamins - C, K, A, B, P, E.
- Pantothenic acid.
- Bitter glycoside.
- Valuable trace elements - manganese, high iron content, chromium, copper, selenium.
- Tanning compounds.
- Hormone-like substances.
Such a rich composition causes extensive medicinal properties of herbal remedies with a small number of contraindications.
About the benefits for the body
Corn silk are used in homeopathy in the treatment of various diseases and for their prevention. They can be used in the form of independent decoctions or in a set with other herbal remedies.
- Their uniqueness lies primarily in a fairly high content of selenium - a substance on which the lipid, carbohydrate, and protein metabolism that occurs in our body depends. It is also indispensable for enhancing immunity. Every day, various harmful compounds get into our bodies along with air, poor quality water or food. Selenium has properties for their removal, preventing the development of serious diseases.
- The therapeutic properties of selenium in oncology are also known. It prevents the rapid division of cancer cells, allowing you to gain time during treatment. Therefore, it can also be used as a prophylaxis if you have a genetic predisposition to cancer or you live in an environmentally unfriendly area.
- Corn stigmas are recommended for diabetes, as they significantly lower blood glucose.
- Well affect the work of the liver and other digestive organs, so they are often used in diagnoses such as chronic hepatitis, biliary dyskinesia. They are considered a powerful choleretic drug.
- Recently, they are often included in the fees for losing weight. Their action in this regard is due to the acceleration of metabolism and decreased appetite.
- They have a sedative effect on the nervous system - relieve irritability, normalize sleep, eliminate increased irritability.
- Able to reduce cholesterol, therefore, are considered good prevention of atherosclerotic changes.
- A good, mild diuretic that does not affect the functioning of the heart. But prolonged use may be a contraindication for cores.
Numerous medicinal properties are used not only by herbalists, but also by physicians of different specializations. Doctors often recommend their patients to include them in the complex treatment to increase its effectiveness, if there are no direct contraindications. Inside the corn silk is consumed in the form of decoctions, herbal teas and other similar dosage forms. Their use in home cosmetology to strengthen weak, falling hair is common.
As with any means of plant or chemical origin, corn stigmas have contraindications. Before applying them for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes, you must carefully read them.
- Direct contraindications - pronounced varicose veins of the lower extremities, impaired blood clotting, thrombophlebitis.
- You should not use them with reduced appetite and insufficient weight.
- Diuretic therapeutic properties make it impossible to receive them in case of exacerbations of renal diseases. This must be agreed with the doctor.
- Do not brew corn silk in the period of heavy menstruation.
The cores also need to be consulted by a cardiologist, since with long-term treatment with this herbal remedy, trace elements such as potassium and magnesium are removed from the body along with excess fluid. They are necessary for the full work of the heart. Therefore, it is better to make sure that you have no contraindications.
How to brew corn silk?
The basic tool that is used in almost all of the above diseases - decoction. It is prepared quite simply:
- At 250 ml of water, take two tablespoons of dried stigmas with a hill.
- Fill them with water in a small saucepan.
- Place in a water bath and cover with a lid, so that less boiling away liquid.
- Tomit a quarter of an hour, then turn off the fire, add boiled water to the original volume.
After eating, drink broth up to four times a day, one large spoonful. As a prophylaxis for stigma, you can simply put in a small amount of tea.
As you can see, the healing properties of this affordable natural remedy are very diverse. But there are contraindications. If you find your diagnosis in the above list, then it is better to use another remedy for treatment. And do not forget that in case of serious diseases self-treatment is unacceptable.
For medical purposes, corn is collected from corn during harvesting and cleaning of cobs from green wrappers - bunches of columns with stigmas. In the people such columns are sometimes called "corn hair". Collected corn silk dried in the shade and used for medical purposes.
Corn stigmas contain many elements that are used in medicine. These are, above all, the oils that are in the plant - fatty and essential. The composition contains acids: pantothenic and ascorbic. Corn silk is rich in carotenoids, inosides, steroids, sitosterol and stigmasterol, gum-like substances. There is also some vitamin K in stigmas.
Corn silk are considered a diuretic. When used, the transformation of urinary stones into sand occurs. Gallstones are also derived. Dry stigmas are often included in the composition of many choleretic mixtures of herbs. In addition, there is a process of not only dissolving stones in the sand, but also removing the sand itself from the urinary tract.
The use of corn silk is effective in treating kidney disease. To do this, pour three tablespoons of the dry mixture of crushed stigmas with a glass of boiling water and boil on low heat for 30 minutes.
Corn silk: useful properties and effects on the kidneys, liver, gall bladder and obesity
Cool, filter, squeeze. Then the broth of corn stigmas is brought to the original volume with boiled water. Use a quarter of a glass for 20 minutes before meals three times a day. Drink decoction courses for two weeks, making every two weeks a break. This recipe, according to reviews of corn stigmas, very effectively helps with diseases of the urinary tract, as well as treats liver disease. Dry corn silk mixed with honey, observing the ratio of 1: 2 and consumed inside. This remedy from corn stigmas, according to reviews, cleanses the lungs, in which mucus has accumulated. Take this composition before meals 1 teaspoon three to four times a day.
Reviews of corn stigmas say that when treating hepatitis they help to reduce the level of bilirubin in the blood. The use of corn stigmas is also effective in diabetes, as the use of decoction of the plant reduces blood sugar levels.
Popular use of corn silk for weight loss, as well as to combat obesity. The decoction of the plant greatly dulls the appetite, it allows you to reduce the use of sweets, not to make snacks during the day. At the same time reviews of corn stigmas show that when taking a decoction, first of all, there is a removal of excess fluid from the body. Puffiness decreases, metabolism accelerates, even cellulite is affected, therefore the use of corn silk is so effective in the process of losing weight. Decoction of corn rylets for weight loss is not difficult to prepare. Taking 1 teaspoon of dry raw material, pour a glass of hot water, then boil for 1 minute and allow to stand. Take this broth can be 1/3 cup three times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
The pharmacological industry produces corn extracts. It is recommended to be taken as a choleretic agent. Liquid extract of corn stigmas is used for cholecystitis, cholangitis, hepatocholecystitis. Extract consumed before eating inside of 30-40 drops 2-3 times a day.
Corn silk: medicinal properties and contraindications, recipes
Under field conditions, the culture is treated with pesticides from pests, therefore, instead of using the stigma, they can only bring harm to health. Infuse from 1.5 to 3 hours.
Pediatrician Tips Breastfeeding with water Is there enough water in the breast milk for the baby? Moreover, they usually feed on corn stigmas with herbal infusions and something else, either forgotten or with water.
Chemical composition and healing properties
Rv Began to drink a decoction of corn stigmas today. Corn silk - Synonyms: Is it possible to eat corn for nursing mothers? It is said that a child’s maize can be swollen like corn from peas or cabbage, they say they contain. Helps get rid of atherosclerotic plaques on the walls of blood vessels. Reduces the amount of toxic bilirubin in the blood. Helps to stop bleeding by increasing blood clotting.
Acting soothingly, the drug helps to get out of depression. Has the ability to reduce appetite, dulls the feeling of hunger. Strict adherence to the dosage and recommendations of the attending physician is a prerequisite for successful treatment.
How to prepare corn stigmas
But before drinking corn stigmas, you should be familiar with the contraindications. Contraindications The use of corn stigmas can cause harm to people suffering: If there is a shortage of potassium or magnesium in the blood, you should also give up the remedy. Instructions for use of corn silk For medicinal purposes, infusions, decoctions are prepared from corn silk.
In pharmacies, you can buy ready-made extracts, powders, pills and teas. Regardless of the form of the drug, it is taken several times a day 20-30 minutes before meals. Corn fiber products are usually well tolerated by patients. If you experience discomfort, treatment should be stopped.
Corn for the feeding mother
How to brew corn stigmas Broth - 1 tbsp. Heat the mixture in a water bath for 30 minutes. Infusion - pour a glass of hot water 1 tbsp. Infuse from 1.5 to 3 hours. Drink as well as a decoction. How to take corn stigmas for weight loss Thanks to its ability to regulate blood glucose levels, it helps slimmers to more easily tolerate diets.
Methods of treating corn stigmas
Infusions normalize metabolism, promote weight loss. Grains of corn contain a huge amount of vitamins - group B, C, D, PP, E, K - and such minerals as iron, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. Corn contains another very rare element, but necessary for the functioning of the brain - gold. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and protects the body from colds and viral diseases. Vitamin D takes care of nails, teeth, bones, making them strong, healthy and resilient.
About the benefits of corn
First of all, you need to make sure that there is no negative reaction to this product from the woman herself. After all, if the corn reacts poorly to its own organism, a digestive upset or allergic reaction will almost certainly be manifested in a baby. If, before giving birth, a woman ate corn without negative consequences for the body, Hz begin to use it after birth.
This entry was posted by the author Pankrat under the heading Berries.
Among many medicinal plants, traditional medicine especially highlights the effectiveness corn stigmaswhich contain essential oils, resins, alkaloids, chlorophyll, phosphoric acid, potassium and manganese.
In the form of tea, corn silk are one of the most powerful natural diuretics, and while it does not have harmful effects.
Corn silk: healing properties, harm, recipes
This is especially important in diseases when the accumulation of water has a harmful effect on the body. Thus, the body removes excess phosphorus and protein, which significantly reduces rheumatic diseases, gout symptoms, which are accompanied by pain in the joints, and greatly reduces swelling and legs.
Corn Silk tea, when used for a long time, dissolves stones and removes sand from kidney. It helps with diseases of the urinary tract and with nocturnal enuresis.
Regular consumption of this tea improves blood circulation and facilitates the work of the liver.
Because of their strong diuretic effect, corn stigmas will also help you lose weight.
Of course, with proper diet and exercise.
You can drink tea instead of water. To make tea you need 25g. corn stigmas pour 1l. boiling water and let it infuse for a few minutes. When used, you can not add sugar. For taste, you can use lemon juice.
Published 08.26.2013, and Cleansing the body, tags cleansing the body. Bookmark the permalink.
Section - Liver and Gallbladder Diseases
Treatment of cholecystitis. Treatment with decoctions, infusions and tinctures
Broth from leaves or buds of birch:
Pour one tablespoon of birch leaves or buds with one glass of hot water, boil in a water bath for half an hour, cool for 10 minutes at room temperature, and bring the volume of broth with boiled water to one cup. Take one-quarter cup three times daily before meals for lamba cholecystitis.
A decoction of the herb Hypericum perforatum:
one tablespoon of herb St. John's wort poured with a glass of boiling water, boil for 15 minutes, drain. Drink one-quarter cup three times a day. This broth has anti-inflammatory and choleretic effect.
Broth from the herb of Hypericum, corn stigmas and immortelle flowers:
смешать взятые в равных количествах траву зверобоя, кукурузные рыльца и цветки бессмертника. Одну столовую ложку этой смеси залить одним стаканом горячей воды, кипятить на водяной бане полчаса, охладить 10 минут при комнатной температуре, довести объем отвара кипяченой водой до одного стакана. Drink one-third of a glass three times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
10 grams of herb porridge pour three cups of water, boil for 10 minutes. Take during the day before meals in one glass three times a day with cholecystitis.
Chamomile flowers decoction:
15 grams of chamomile flowers pour one glass of boiling water. Use in the form of heat for enemas with cholecystitis. To do enemas 2-3 times a week.
Infusion rhizomes of calamus swamp:
one teaspoon of crushed rhizome of calamus swamp pour one cup of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes, strain. Drink half a cup four times a day half an hour before meals for hepatitis.
Infusion of immortelle sandy:
10 grams of immortelle flowers sandy insist on half a liter of water for 2-3 hours. Take from one tablespoon to one third of a glass 5-6 times a day. It is recommended when the probability of complications of infectious hepatitis.
Infusion of immortelle, trefoil (trifoli), mint and coriander:
mix 20 grams of immortelle flowers, 10 grams of trefoil, 10 grams of mint leaves and 10 grams of coriander fruit. One teaspoon of this mixture pour two cups of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes, strain. Drink half a cup three times a day before meals.
Infusion of immortelle sandy, yarrow, wormwood, fennel and mint:
Mix and carefully chop 30 grams of sandy immortelle flowers, 20 grams of yarrow herb, 20 grams of wormwood grass, 20 grams of fennel or dill fruit and 20 grams of mint leaves. Two teaspoons of this mixture pour two cups of cold boiled water. Insist 8-12 hours, drain. Drink one-third cup 3-4 times daily before meals.
Corn silk - flowers of health
Infusion Veronica Guidance:
a teaspoon of herbs Veronica handrail insist half an hour in a glass of boiling water, drain. Drink one-quarter cup three times a day. It is recommended for viral hepatitis, as well as a choleretic agent.
Infusion zhoster, trefoil, immortelle, chamomile and dill seed:
Mix and finely chop equal quantities of Zhoster, Trefoil, Helichrysum, Chamomile and Dill Seed. Three teaspoons of this mixture pour two cups of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes in a tightly sealed container, strain, take on U4 or! / 2 cup after eating in the morning and evening before bedtime.
Infusion of nettle, wild rose, cyanosis blue, cycle shoe golden, knotweed:
Mix 20 grams of nettle leaves, 20 grams of rosehips, 10 grams of blueblue root, 10 grams of paddy grass and 10 grams of knotweed grass. Three tablespoons of this mixture pour in a thermos 0.75 liters of boiling water. Insist 2-3 hours, drain. Drink during the day at the reception in 3-4 hours half an hour before meals in case of chronic angiohepatoholecistitis. The course of treatment is 1.5-2 years, every eight weeks of treatment to do a ten-day break. Apply with diseases of the liver and bile ducts.
Infusion of corn stigmas:
one tablespoon of corn stigmas pour one glass of boiling water. Insist one hour, strain. Drink a tablespoon every three hours for cholecystitis, cholangitis, hepatitis.
Infusion of various herbs:
Mix and carefully chop 20 grams of immortelle sandy flowers, 20 grams of knotweed grass, 20 grams of Hypericum herb, 10 grams of birch leaves, 10 grams of buckthorn bark, 10 grams of nettle leaves and 10 grams of rose hips.
One tablespoon of this mixture pour one and a half cups of boiling water, boil for five minutes. Insist in a warm place (preferably in a thermos) for four hours. Drink warm half a glass three times a day 15-20 minutes before meals for liver diseases.
Cholecystitis. Recipes M. Libintova
Cholecystitis. Treatment with decoctions, infusions and tinctures
Cholecystitis. Teas and healing drinks
Cholecystitis. Recipes Ivan Prokhorov
Cholecystitis. Treatment "mummy"
Cholecystitis. Wangi Recipes
Cholecystitis. Daoist complex "Five Animals"
Composition and therapeutic effect
The therapeutic effect in the treatment of corn silk is achieved due to the following pharmacological properties:
The unique beneficial properties of stigmas of corn is largely due to their chemical composition, containing the following substances.
- Fatty oil Corn oil is the main active ingredient and therapeutic agent. It activates the work of the gallbladder, accelerates metabolic processes. Unsaturated fatty acids contained in corn oil regulate cholesterol metabolism and prevent its deposition on the walls of blood vessels. In addition, it contains phosphotids that help fight atherosclerosis, obesity and other endocrine diseases.
- Essential oils and bitter glycosidic substances. Able to improve appetite and normalize digestion. Have a diuretic effect.
- Vitamins K and D. Promotes calcium absorption and prevents the development of osteoporosis, also prevents bleeding and hemorrhage.
- A group of vitamins B. They help strengthen the nervous system, control metabolic processes and the level of glucose in the body.
- Vitamin C. It has tonic properties, increases the body's resistance.
- Vitamin E. Natural antioxidant, protects the human body from premature aging.
Harvesting and application
Columns are collected at the end of summer or early autumn, when the healing properties of the corn silk are at their peak, and the corn itself is at the stage of milk maturity. Moreover, the collection is completely manual way: corn "hair" gently detached from the ears.
Usually dried in the open air, spreading the material in a thin loose layer. Drying in the oven is allowed, however, you should carefully monitor the temperature (so as not to exceed 40 ° C) and periodically turn the stigma. The main thing is not to overdo it - after drying, the raw material remains yellow-brown. The dried raw material is ready for processing for further use.
To achieve the desired effect, you need to know how to brew corn silk. Here are some recipes for dry processing.
Features It has the strongest effect.
Preparation and use
- It is necessary to take an enamel bowl, about 40 g of crushed stigmas and 200 ml of purified water.
- Bring to a boil on the steam bath and leave to stew for a quarter of an hour.
- After the strain, if it turned out less glass, top up to full.
- Ready broth is valid for two days, take it in the form of heat up to four times a day. It has a cumulative effect, so it is usually used in courses: 14 days of treatment, a break of at least 30 days, again 14 days of treatment.
Features It is used when alcohol tinctures are not recommended for medical reasons.
Preparation and use
- A tablespoon of dry material brew a glass of boiling water.
- Insist about two hours.
- Strain and dilute with water.
- Ready infusion consumed within 14 days up to four times a day.
Features It is used for preventive purposes.
Preparation and use
- You can make herbal tea by adding a teaspoon of stigmas to ordinary tea leaves.
- Individual herbal collection: mint, thyme, currant, yarrow perfectly enter the tandem with corn.
Features It has a pronounced effect due to the rapid entry into the bloodstream.
Preparation and use
- To prepare the tincture should take 100 grams of corn stigmas, pour them with 0.5 liters of ethyl alcohol, with a strength of 50-70%.
- Insist in a dark cool place for about 30 days.
- The resulting medicine to use a teaspoon before meals.
It is better to buy the extract of corn silk in pharmacies, since the extraction of a plant into a liquid form at the desired concentration is possible only on an industrial scale on plant equipment.
"Hair" for weight loss
Corn silk for weight loss - an indispensable thing. Due to the content of vitamins of vitamins B and C in them, metabolic processes are normalized and metabolism is accelerated. Pantothenic acid, which is part of corn, activates the process of lipolysis, the adipose tissue splits and is not deposited in problem areas.
In addition, the diuretic effect favorably affects the state of health and appearance.
Corn stigmas are an integral part of many diets, their course consumption (10-14 days) together with a balanced diet and physical activity allows you to get rid of hateful extra pounds.
Corn silk for the liver - useful properties and application
Corn is an amazing product that has an incredible taste and can be used in canned form as additives to various salads and dishes.
What can I say, only one popcorn is worth it!
Popcorn can be eaten in innumerable quantities, watching your favorite movies.
Few people know that this plant is universal, because the stigma - corn hair can be used for medicinal purposes.
Corn - Brief Botanical Reference
Corn is from America. It is on this continent that the plant has been used for tens of thousands of years as a staple food.
Culture is unpretentious and therefore grown in different countries around the globe. If we talk about the grains of the product, they are added to soups, cereals, salads, desserts and many other dishes.
Everybody knows about incredible grains and their benefits. But there are also stigmas that are very useful.
You should not throw away these fibers of corn when cleaning it, because it is a valuable substance that is used for various ailments, which you will learn about later.
Corn silk - healing properties for the liver
These threads are used to treat liver pathologies.
Using them, you can reduce the level of bilirubin and the density of bile, which greatly facilitates its outflow.
Effective liver cleansing is done by taking herbal drink from corn stigmas.
It provides restoration of blood clotting and struggles with pain in liver pathologies.
Let's see, due to what is achieved therapeutic effects stigma.
We list the composition and therapeutic properties:
- corn hairs are rich in vitamins, minerals, hormonal components and tannins,
- the plant is filled with proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, oils, as well as other equally useful components,
- Separate attention is worth selenium, which resumes metabolism, helps strengthen the body's defenses, eliminates harmful substances that come from the outside. Selenium is known and valuable because it can prevent the development of malignant processes,
- products based on stigmas are characterized by antioxidant properties,
- regulate sugar
- contribute to the improvement. The functionality of the hepatobiliary system,
- have a pronounced choleretic effect,
- suppress appetite, which makes them a priority choice for losing weight,
- have a sedative effect
- characterized by diuretic action.
How to take corn silk for the liver?
Experts recommend choosing a decoction prepared on the basis of stigma in liver diseases.
Recipe for cooking broth of corn stigmas:
- Take a small spoonful of hairs and fill them with boiling water about 250 ml.
- Then keep in the water bath for about half an hour. When time passes, you need to wait until the liquid has cooled, and filter well. Dilute with water, adjusting the desired volume.
- Drink according to the dose prescribed by your doctor or 1 tablespoon spoonful three times a day. The duration of the treatment course is approximately two weeks.
How to make cholera tea based on corn stigmas:
Very praised by various healers and people who have tried the treatment on themselves, teas made on the basis of stigmas.
- It is necessary to prepare corn hair, currant leaves, and also mint with thyme, burdock for 1 tsp
- The mixture in a small amount is taken and brewed in two hundred milliliters of boiling water. The drink is left for 15 minutes, insist and take half a glass during the day.
Tastes such a "tea" is very pleasant.
The course of therapy is approximately six months.
With positive results, therapy is prolonged. Otherwise, doctors prescribe another remedy.
Corn silk - a list of restrictions and possible harm
You should not be careless when it comes to your own health.
Pay attention to the existing contraindications before drinking:
- gestation period
- individual intolerance,
- excessive blood clotting,
- thin people are not recommended to use this drink, it suppresses appetite and promotes weight loss,
- with prolonged ingestion, the stigmas can wash out potassium and magnesium.
On a note
And finally, I want to say that, despite the value of folk products, they can not act as the main sources of therapy.
At the very first clinical symptoms, it makes sense to consult a doctor who will conduct treatment tactics not only with medications, but also select the most effective prescription for folk treatment for you.
Do not forget that alternative medicine is good as an auxiliary course. If you are being treated without the knowledge of the doctor with some traditional medicines, you will only harm yourself.
In defense of corn fibers, it is worth saying that they do eliminate symptoms, remove inflammatory processes in the liver and lead to its regeneration.
Use a mixture of herbs along with medicines, changing medicines from time to time, so as not to get used.
If you do not manage to improve your well-being within two months, then you should appoint another treatment tactic.
Monitor your condition, if it has worsened, immediately stop taking the funds and consult a doctor.
Medicinal propertiesCorn stigmas have a multifaceted beneficial effect on the human body as a whole and on some of its systems in particular:
- normalizes the production of sugar in the blood, and also improves insulin production,
- have a diuretic effect without irritating effect and are used to increase diuresis without discomfort,
- are preventive and curative in the presence of kidney stones,
- purify the blood and contribute to its better clotting,
- help to cope with excess bile, reducing its viscosity and density, normalizing its secretion and reducing the amount of bilirubin,
- strengthen the nervous system, reduce excitability and normalize sleep.
For women, this tool is especially useful during menstruation, as it has strong hemostatic properties. Such a natural medicine is used in gynecology in the treatment of heavy menstruation and uterine bleeding. Thanks to the active components, the blood is cleared faster and coagulates better, the amount of prothrombin increases.
Corn hair has anti-inflammatory properties and is therefore especially useful for kidney disease.
The tool copes with inflammation, reduces the formation of sand and stones, accelerates their excretion from the body.
Very often, the stigmas are used to treat various ailments of this organ. Acceptance of decoction, infusion or tea of corn hair has a beneficial effect on the condition of the liver, normalizing its work. This remedy will be especially useful in liver diseases such as hepatitis.
Doctors usually prescribe such a product as an additional tool for complex treatment to strengthen and improve the condition of the body.
For the gallbladder
Decoction, infusion or tea from corn stigmas reduces the volume of bilirubin, dilutes bile and helps it out of the body. Therefore, the tool is often used in the treatment of diseases of the gallbladder:
- cholecystitis (one of the most severe types of complications of gallstone disease, in which the gallbladder is greatly inflamed),
- cholangitis (inflammation of the bile ducts, which may be acute or chronic. Caused by infections from the intestine or gallbladder),
- gallstone disease (formation of stones in the gallbladder or in the bile ducts).
When losing weight
The use of such a product weakens appetite in general and reduces cravings for sweets in particular. In addition, the diuretic action of corn helps to remove excess fluid along with harmful toxins from the body. This is the main reason for the use of stigma in the process of losing weight.
Of course, the tool is not used independently, but only in combination with a balanced diet and other factors necessary to achieve optimal weight (for example, sports and the absence of bad habits).
Harvesting and storage of raw materials
Harvesting corn raw materials begins with the collection of stigmas. This should be done before pollination, when the cobs are in the phase of milky-wax ripeness and have a light yellow color. During this period, the concentration of nutrients is optimal. Old and dry stigmas are not suitable for therapeutic purposes, since there are almost no useful components.
Of great importance is the gathering place. These should be proven plants that are not treated with chemicals that are harmful or dangerous to humans.
Пучки нужно срезать или аккуратно срывать. Длина их должна составлять 10-20 см, а сами они должны быть гладкие, мягкие и очень приятные на ощупь.
Сушить волокна необходимо сразу же после сбора. For this, blanks are laid out on thick paper, cloth or cardboard in a room with good ventilation (attics or verandas are best, but not in the open space where there is wind). The presence of sunlight is desirable. The thickness of the layer should not exceed 1-2 cm, otherwise the product will begin to deteriorate, and not dry. The process takes only a few days. At this time, the raw materials need to be checked and, if necessary, turned over for uniform drying.
You can also dry the corn hair and in the oven or oven (maximum temperature 40 ° C) until ready. Finished fibers are stored in fabric bags or glass containers. Shelf life - 3 years. If you do not have time to procure raw materials or do not have such an opportunity, you can buy corn hair in a pharmacy in the already dried form.
How to take corn silk: recipes
There are several ways to use a plant for medical purposes, they are all easy to prepare and use. Depending on the needs, these tools can be used for various diseases of internal organs. After undergoing a complete diagnosis and receiving medical advice, corn-hair-based medications are administered in a comprehensive treatment. The dosage and regimen is determined by the doctor, based on the type of disease and its stage.
To prepare an effective infusion, you need to take 1 tablespoon of corn stigmas and pour them with a glass of boiling water. It is necessary to insist about an hour, then filter. This type of medicine is taken in 1 tablespoon, the frequency of taking 3-4 times a day. Accepted for diseases of the digestive tract or liver. The average course is 2 weeks. The remedy helps bile to leave the body better.
Tea: how to brew
Effective is a collection that will help solve complex health problems. It consists of such plants:
- corn silk,
- black currant leaves,
- creeping thyme,
- Agrimony ordinary.
Broth: how to drink
The technology of cooking broth is very simple:
- Put two tablespoons of dried corn stigmas in a small enameled saucepan or mug.
- Pour 1 glass of boiled and slightly warm water.
- Cover the container with the broth and place in a pan of boiling water. Watch the water level - it should not be too much.
- Soak in a water bath for 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside from the stove and allow to cool completely with the lid on.
- Strain the infused broth and dilute with boiled water so that you get a full glass (250 ml) of liquid.
Composition and healing properties
Representatives of traditional medicine offer silky corn yarn for the preparation of medicinal drinks, due to their rich composition. They contain:
- essential oils,
- vitamin C,
- bitter glycoside,
- fixed oils,
- vitamins C and K,
- vitamin b5,
Non-observance of the indicated dosage, neglect of contraindications can lead to undesirable consequences. Patients also have the risk of rhinitis, rash and redness.
What is corn silk
The fibers that are located around the cob are valuable to humans as a source of a number of very beneficial substances. This is the corn silk. When assembled, they resemble tow. The raw material can be harvested in the summer, when the cobs reach milky ripeness. The process takes place manually, by cutting the fibers with a sickle or knife. After the raw material is collected, it must be dried in a dryer at a temperature of forty degrees or by expanding the collected material with a layer one or two centimeters thick in the shade.