The Angelina plum variety is of interest: the tree resembles cherry plum, the fruit is a typical plum tree. The explanation for this phenomenon is simple: the breeders received a variety as a result of the crossing of cherry plums and Chinese plums. It turned out a plant with large fruits that are stored for a longer time than other plums.
Genus plums has more than two thousand varieties. These fruit trees grow everywhere, but traditionally, for the most part, Ukraine, Moldova, and the republics of Central Asia are famous for their cultivation. The territories of growth of this culture in Russia are Krasnodar, the Volga region, the Rostov region, the Far East, and Siberia. But for each region derived their varieties. For example, in Siberia, with a harsh climate, crops originate from plums such as the Ussurian, Canadian, and Chinese. In the southern regions with a mild climate, varieties grown as a result of crossing plums with thorns are grown.
Angelina Plum is a fruit tree that grows to three meters high. The crown has a pyramidal shape with a wide base. The branches of the plant are powerful, slightly sprawling. Plum Angelina different early fruiting: a year after planting the young tree begins to bloom. Productivity is stable, has high rates.
Fruiting annual. Ripening plums fall on late dates: mid or late September. The flowers are for women, therefore, to obtain ovaries on a tree next to a plum in the garden, plants are planted with identical flowering periods that will serve as pollinators. Next to Angelina experienced gardeners recommend planting cherry plum, Black Amber plum or Friar. Culture has an average disease resistance.
Plum Angelina: description of the fetus
This variety is a large-fruited crop. The berries are round or barrel-shaped, very appetizing in appearance. Their weight reaches 60-90 g, but there are specimens weighing up to 120 g. Juicy fruit pulp has an amber color and a sweet-sour taste. The skin is dense, its color is dark purple with a blue tint and a tinge of silver tone.
The fetus has a small bone, which is easily separated from the pulp. Plum has a unique property: compared with other varieties of its keeping quality, it has a long life. In a room with room temperature is stored for three weeks without changing the quality for the worse. If you put the berries in the fridge, they can lie there for three or four months, preserving the taste and shape. It is permissible to remove from the branches the immature fruits of this variety, they will ripen during storage. The taste of such plums gets even better.
Plum Angelina - sun-loving plant. For its placement in the garden it is important to choose a large area, as over time the crown will grow. Near there should not be high trees that will shade the plum, as a result of which its development will slow down.
When buying seedlings that can be purchased in the spring and autumn, you should pay attention to the root system. It is better if it is packed in a film together with a clod of earth fertilized with peat. So the roots will not lose moisture and will be reliably protected from damage. When planting, seedlings will take root well and will quickly grow.
The landing pit is prepared in advance. Its dimensions are 60x70 cm. Seedlings should be covered with enriched soil. For this fit compost or humus. Organic mixed with earth. But that is not all. It is necessary to add mineral fertilizers, for example, superphosphate in the amount of 400 g per one seat. To prevent the wind from damaging the seedling, it should be tied to a peg set next to the tree. After planting, the soil is abundantly watered: four buckets of water for one sapling.
From the first years of life, the tree needs formative pruning, since it is during this period that the branches grow actively. In addition, sanitary pruning is regularly carried out, during which damaged or diseased shoots are removed. The life of the plum of this variety is short. Usually its duration is not more than three years.
Older trees almost always die. This leads to chronic gum therapy, which weakens the plant. The gum is released if there are no freezers or sunburn on the bark on time. Damage also appears if the rules are not followed during trimming. For the treatment of wounds on the trunk of a tree, the use of copper 1% sulphate is especially effective.
For normal growth and high yield, fertilizer needs to be applied once every two years. In the spring they make ammonium nitrate, and in the fall - superphosphate and potassium salt.
The fruits are widely used due to their taste and unique properties for a long time:
- Plums are good fresh. Their appearance always whets the appetite.
- Fruits are subjected to freezing in order to enjoy their taste in the cold season, which is preserved in them just like all useful properties.
- Plums are used for preparations for the winter, of which they make jam, jams, compotes.
- The fruits are dried to obtain dried fruits.
- Angelina enters fructification early - for 3 - 4 years after planting,
- flowering occurs at a later date, the crop ripens in late September - early October, which classifies late-ripening varieties,
- Yield is regular, gradually increasing every year. From one tree you can take a fairly large crop - 50 - 70 kg,
- fruits can be plucked even in the stage of technical ripeness. They are able not only to measure well during storage, but also to acquire even higher palatability,
- immunity to fungal diseases in the variety is average. There is a low resistance of the plum to moniliosis, of which the pest is the most dangerous;
- winter hardiness and drought resistance of Angelina are above the average,
- According to the available information, the life span of a tree is sharply reduced in the Central Chernozem region, 2–3 years after entering the fruiting period, there is often a cumulative effect, a decrease in immunity, and then the plant may die,
- fruit transportability is high, long haulage does not affect the presentation,
- in terms of storage period, the variety surpasses other types of late discharge. In vacuum bags that are stored in the refrigerator, the harvest will quietly lie for up to 4 months. In the usual basement - about a month,
- the way of eating fruits is universal. Fruits are very tasty and useful fresh, used to make juices with pulp, jams. In compotes, the peel does not crack, and the flesh remains elastic. Also, the fruits are used for freezing and making prunes of the highest quality.