Who has not heard of the benefits of this unique product? I think there are few people who do not know what is good wheat germ for the body. On forums, in newspapers and magazines there are many positive reviews from people who use wheat germinated wheat regularly.
The benefits of wheat germ
Adding wheat germinated wheat grains to food will help to significantly improve your well-being and make your body healthier. There is even information about the emergence of new teeth in adults after taking magic seeds with germs. This fact alone should make many take up wheat sprouting at home and eating it for food!
Wheat with sprouts has undoubted benefits for our body. Properly germinated grains used in moderation will help strengthen the immune system, speed up the metabolism, improve intestinal motility, prevent constipation, improve eyesight, strengthen bones, hair and nails. With the help of healing food, you can reduce the level of harmful cholesterol, cleanse the body of toxins and slags.
This product is an excellent prevention of cancer.
Useful properties of wheat germ
Wheat contains many beneficial substances. When a sprout is about to sprout in the grain, it sends all the useful contents into this sprout for its active growth. Wheat with freshly sprouted sprouts is a natural dietary supplement that is completely absorbed by the body.
At the moment of germination, the fats in the grain pass into the fatty acid stage, and the starch turns into maltose. Protein substances break down into amino acids and nucleotides. What is not absorbed by the body, again breaks down into various substances necessary for the construction of nucleic acids, which are the basis of genes. A person consuming this healthy food has material to restore the body and cure diseases.
At the same time, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals are actively formed. The human body gets absolutely ready for assimilation material. Vitamins and minerals are ingested in a balanced, easily digestible form.
Useful composition of the product
Wheat, germinated in the right way, contains phytohormones that have an excellent effect on the hormones of women. This is especially important for women with a lack of estrogen.
A unique product at the early stage of germination contains the most maximum of useful and nutrients that are well absorbed by the body.
Wheat sprouts contain vitamins C, E, D, B, P, iodine, iron, potassium, calcium, silicon, selenium, copper, zinc, chromium, amino acids, fatty acids, enzymes, phytohormones.
Germinated wheat is an excellent anti-aging agent. To preserve beauty and health for a long time, eat dishes with this product.
Important! The product is coarse food, not intended for not fully formed children's digestive system.
Who is good wheat germ
The use of unique germinated wheat grains is recommended for exhaustion, after illness, reduced immunity, during a flu epidemic, with prolonged stress and depression, impaired sexual function (cure of impotence is possible).
Grain sprouts contain magnesium, which helps reduce high pressure.
Soluble fiber restores intestinal microflora. Absorbing bile acids, contributes to the removal of harmful cholesterol, improves metabolism, which has a positive effect on the absorption of food.
Long-term regular intake of seedlings contributes to the resorption of cysts, fibroids, fibroids, polyps.
After several months of daily consumption of germinated wheat grains, an improvement in vision is observed. Usually after 12 months of use, vision is restored by almost 100%.
The lack of sugars in seedlings makes it safe for diabetics. Germinated grains normalize the work of the thyroid gland, facilitate the course of diabetes.
How to germinate wheat at home
To properly and quickly germinate the grain, you will have to follow some rules.
- Choose high-quality wheat. If the grains have a lot of garbage, then you got a poor-quality product. Pharmacies, pet stores, supermarkets sell special grains for germination.
- Be sure to rinse the seeds with clean water. Throw out the flooded grains.
- Soak seeds in water for 12 hours. Those that have darkened, resurfaced or deteriorated, discard.
- In a deep plate, lay a thin cloth or gauze folded several times on the bottom and sprinkle it liberally with water. The fabric should be wet. Put on it an even layer of wheat no more than 3 cm thick. Place another piece of cloth on top, also splashing it with water. Important: do not let the fabric dry - it should always be wet.
- Place the plate in a warm and bright place.
- Every day, morning and evening, gently rinse the seeds with water, change the fabric to avoid the appearance of a fungus that will negate your efforts.
- Usually in two days (depending on conditions) young shoots will appear. The seedlings are ready to eat. Only at this stage, when the shoots do not exceed 3 millimeters in length, does the product have healing powers. If you let the sprouts grow further, poisonous substances will appear in them. It is clear that they should not be eaten.
How to take
In the first days of taking the product may appear diarrhea, weakness, dizziness. Do not panic. In a few days everything will pass.
Wheat sprouts are not compatible with all products. Milk and dairy products, honey and propolis, mumiyo - should not be used along with them.
It is also important to remember that the daily minimum consumption of wheat germ will be beneficial, but not a single reception of a whole plate of grains!
An adult needs to eat 100g of product per day. A larger amount can cause digestive problems.
The best time for this dish is breakfast. You can eat the seedlings as a separate dish, chewing them thoroughly for a minute and only then swallowing, you can add salt or honey to taste, and you can cook with them various tasty dishes, even bake bread.
Germinated wheat is stored for no more than two days in the refrigerator, with longer storage, it will lose its beneficial properties.
Ingredients: 100g cottage cheese or cream cheese, 1pc. Kiwi, 1pc. banana, 2 tbsp. l Honey, 3 tbsp. wheat germinated, half a lemon.
Peel banana and kiwi and cut into small cubes, grind wheat sprouts in a blender or meat grinder, mix fruit with wheat and cheese. Squeeze lemon juice, mix with honey, season the salad with the mixture, mix. Eat to your health!
Ingredients: carrot 100g, 1ch.l. soy sauce, 3st.l. germinated grains, 3 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil, 1 tbsp. apple vinegar, 0.5 tsp. finished mustard, leaf lettuce 100g (you can use Peking cabbage), ½ tsp. honey
Lettuce leaves narvite into small pieces, carrot rub on a coarse grater, chop the grains, put the food in a salad bowl. Mix mustard, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, honey. Fill the mixture with food, mix. Salad ready!
Unfortunately, this unique product has contraindications. It can not be used with gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer. Gastritis in the acute stage, postoperative conditions, individual intolerance are also a contraindication to the use of germinated wheat grains.
Women with a hormonal imbalance caused by an excess of estrogen should not use wheat germ.
Germinated wheat grain - the benefits and harm
In folk medicine, seedlings are often used, but scientists still cannot say for sure what the benefits and harms of wheat germ are. The unique composition of wheat seeds can help a person, but in the presence of allergies or intolerance to some elements - harm. Treatment should be carried out according to the rules of taking such funds after consultation with the doctor.
The chemical composition of the seeds does not affect the calorie content, the presence of living active substances in the product affects the absorption of nutrients. In the opinion of people, the following benefits of wheat germination are observed for the organism:
- stabilization of the circulatory system,
- improved metabolism
- stimulation of the digestive tract,
- treatment of skin diseases
- normalization of blood sugar levels
- getting the missing nutrients (vitamins, amino acids, etc.).
It is recommended to use wheat sprouts as a general tonic. After the start of the reception, visual changes will be noticeable, for example, the hair will become more shiny, luxuriant, the nails will become less likely to break, the skin will become healthy, radiant. Chlorophyll contained in the composition favorably influences the health of the body at the cellular level.
There is no consensus on the harm that wheat germination has for humans. Different scientists have different opinions about this product, but the truth is somewhere in the middle. Above was described the benefits of wheat sprouts, below will be some points that can harm the health of some people. Wheat germinated, as well as any cereal crops, is composed of substances that can have a negative effect on the body. Below are the conditions under which sprouts should not be consumed:
- Do not use this product to children under 12 years old.
- If a duodenal ulcer is diagnosed, discard sprouts.
- You can not use this product after surgery.
- You should not eat seedlings with fermented milk products, milk. This will lead to increased flatulence.
- Danger is sprouted shoots to those who are allergic to gluten.
- The following side effects may occur at the beginning of use: loose stools, dizziness, and general weakness.
Wheatgrass juice - the benefits and harm
One form of sprouting is sap. In liquid form, this product retains all its properties. Wheatgrass juice is rich in vitamins, nutrients, minerals and fatty acids. The reason for the negative reaction to the drink may be individual intolerance to gluten, fiber. The harmful effect of seedlings is observed extremely rarely, tea is associated with violation of the rules of cultivation, storage.
How to germinate wheat
In order for beneficial elements to be preserved in wheat germ, it is necessary to observe the rules of the germination process. First you need to stock up on dry grain, from which sprouts will appear. Wheat germination sold in a pharmacy, buy a bag to be sure of quality. Prospeaker should do the following:
- First rinse the grains with cold water, then place them in a glass container in two layers.
- Next, fill the seeds with warm water so that it covers them completely.
- Close the container with gauze, folded twice, or a clean cloth, leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash the seeds one more time with water, put it again on a plate that you need to cover with a damp cloth.
- For germination on the grain, indirect light must fall.
- Wheat germination at home will be more successful if you use cotton fabric rather than gauze (sprouts are tangled between threads, it is difficult then to get). After 4-5 days, small stems will appear, which means that the seedlings can be eaten.
How to use
If you want to preserve all the nutrients, then there is only one option, as there is wheat germination - in its raw form. Additionally, it is not necessary to process the sprouts, it is allowed to lower them for 1 min into boiling water to make it easier to chew, but not destroy the vitamins. If you do not like just a raw dish, then you can mix it with lemon, honey taste. Not infrequently housewives add germinated grains to salads, mashed potatoes.
Wheat sprouting wheat brings maximum creep only with controlled treatment. Before starting the reception should consult with a specialist. Not every body is ready to digest such food, contained in the composition of the lectin, complicates the process of digestion. Before adding seedlings to the diet you need to make sure that you do not have any contraindications.
Wheat Wheat Dishes
The vast majority of reviews say that wheat germ is good for consumption. The taste of raw seeds is not the most pleasant, so more often people add them to another dish as an additional ingredient. To make healthy food more enjoyable, you can use the recipes, which will be described below. This is one of the options how to cook wheat seedlings.
- Apple - 1 pc.,
- prunes - 8 pcs.,
- sprouts - 2 tsp,
- water - 200 ml.
- Soak prunes in room temperature water.
- Drain the water in another container, rub the same apple.
- Using a blender, chop the prunes.
- Stir it with germinated seeds.
- Add the resulting mass to the apple.
- banana - 1 pc.,
- sprouts - 2 tbsp. l.,
- Kiwi - 1 pc.,
- pomegranate grains - 3 tbsp. l.,
- hard cheese - 100 g,
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater.
- Crush the seedlings, mix with the cheese mass.
- Finely chop tropical fruits. Lay out the top layer.
- To taste, pour treat with honey over the top, mix.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Germinated wheat - composition
Initially, all the useful elements in the grain “sleep”, their enhanced growth begins when the seed “awakens”. All accumulated nutrients are transferred to the sprout, which a person processes for human consumption. You can drink seedlings in the form of juice, add grains to cereal, muesli. This is a great breakfast option for those who count calories and want to lose weight. The composition of wheat germ is as follows:
- fatty acids, fat - 2.5%,
- carbohydrates (disaccharides, starch, dietary fiber) - 70%,
- proteins (8 replaceable, 12 irreplaceable) - 14%,
- fiber - 3%,
- from minerals contains: phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, silicon, sodium, iron, copper, manganese, iodine,
- there are vitamins of groups C, D, E, B, PP,
- enzymes that help break down proteins into amino acids, fats, carbohydrates, which simplifies the process of digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
What does wheat germ treat
It is impossible to treat any disease only with this product, seedlings can act as an additional tool in complex therapy. The healing properties of wheat germ help with many problems in the field of metabolic processes, increase the overall tone, immune defense, energy reserve of the body. If there are no contraindications, it is recommended to use this product as a preventive measure. Wheat germ helps to cope with such diseases:
- Long-term depression, stress. The beneficial effect of the product on the nervous system helps to get out of such states.
- Immunity reduction, exhaustion, the post-painful period. The product helps to restore strength, increase the body's resistance to infections. You can drink seedling juice as a preventive measure in the winter, during an epidemic.
- Fading sexual function. Long-term use of seedlings sometimes helps to cope with this problem.
- Elevated blood cholesterol. Magnesium contained in seedlings helps to reduce pressure, to remove cholesterol from the blood.
- Problems with the digestive tract. Insoluble fiber stimulates the gastrointestinal tract, cleans the body of toxins, relieves constipation, removes toxins, radionuclides. Soluble fiber helps restore microflora, sucks bile acid residues, removes cholesterol.
- Inflammatory processes in the body of different nature.
- Diabetes. There are no sugars in the seedlings, which makes such food safe for people with this disease. The product contributes to the normalization of the thyroid gland.
- Reduced vision. In the opinion of people, there are improvements after several months of constant consumption of seedlings. When performing special exercises, some people managed to fully restore their vision in a year.
- Neoplasm. Wheat sprouts are considered an excellent prophylactic agent against cancer tumors.
Wheatgrass for weight loss
The main task of a person who wants to lose weight is to reduce the number of calories in his diet. Sprouts help in this matter, because the caloric content of wheat germ is very low and they can replace one meal. Just adding to the usual food grains will not help lose weight, you should seriously reconsider your diet. Wheat has no direct influence on the process of losing weight, it helps indirectly.
One of the properties of seedlings is the purification of the digestive tract, disposal of toxins, toxins, improvement of metabolic processes. All this is very important for the proper functioning of the body, the processing of incoming elements into energy, and not fat deposits. Замена одного приема пищи на проростки пшеницы помогут вам кушать меньше, очистить кишечник, наладить работу ЖКТ – все это будет способствовать похудению.
Как пророщенная пшеница влияет на организм человека
В пророщенной пшенице много кальция, фосфора, железа, йода и магния. Пшеница состоит из огромного количества клетчатки и углеводов. В ее составе можно встретить витамины B, C, D, PP. Remarkably, the grains themselves are not so rich in vitamins. All the beneficial substances begin to be activated precisely with the appearance of young shoots. But how does wheat germ affect the human body?
- A large amount of calcium is beneficial for women. Regular consumption of wheat germ strengthens the hair - makes it smooth and silky. The nails become stronger and harder, and the bones are compacted.
These and many other useful properties of wheat germ make it an indispensable source of vitamins. That is why in old times wheat was germinated as a medicine for many diseases. Today, we can grow this medicine at home.
How to germinate wheat
This process is simple, however, requires some important subtleties.
- First you need to choose wheat for germination. You can buy it in specialized nutrition stores or in a store for gardeners. Plain wheat from the supermarket may not be suitable. If wheat grains were processed thermally, they lose their germination.
- The pips must be of high quality - free of chips, damage, wormholes. They need to be thoroughly washed and put into glassware. Fill the wheat grains with lukewarm water so that the liquid covers them for 3 centimeters. Cover the dishes with a cotton napkin or gauze and leave for 8-10 hours. It is convenient to soak wheat overnight.
- In the morning, the grain should be carefully rinsed under running water. Take a deep dish with a wide bottom and spread a wet cloth on it. Then put the washed wheat grains on the cloth and cover with the corners of the napkin. Wheat grains should always be kept in a warm and humid place.
- After 10 hours, the sprouts will start to sprout from the grains.
At first, only a few grains will germinate, however, a little patience and in a few days every grain will be curled.
Who should not eat wheat germ
Like any medicine and product, wheat has contraindications. Germinated wheat should not be eaten by adults or children with gluten allergy. In addition, wheat germ is not recommended for people with peptic ulcer. Wheat can not be consumed with milk and honey - in combination with these products, a person may appear bloating, flatulence and strong gas formation.
Remember, even if you do not have food allergies, a new product should be introduced gradually. Start eating wheat sprouts in half a teaspoon, gradually increasing the dose.
What to cook from wheat
Given that wheat needs to be eaten for quite a long time (about two months), boring eating can be replaced with bold experiments. Moreover, the dishes with germinated wheat are very tasty!
- Salads This is the most popular way of eating wheat germ. Use for the preparation of salads any seasonal vegetables and fruits, nuts, cheese. If you are on the path of proper nutrition, refuse to dressing salads with mayonnaise in favor of yogurt and lemon juice. Salads with wheat germination are unusual and low-calorie.
- Bread. Sprouted wheat is added to homemade bread. This gives the flour product a special taste and unusual flavor. Sprouted wheat is lightly dried and crushed in a blender or meat grinder. Then add the chopped shoots to the rest of the dough. In addition to wheat, you can add spices and dried fruits to bread for an unusual taste.
- Sumalak. In the east, a traditional sumalak dish has been made from wheat germinated seeds from time immemorial. Sprouted wheat along with cottonseed oil and flour cooked over low heat for about a day. The cooking process is combined with the celebration of the onset of spring. The result is a delicious pasta, very thick and incredibly useful. Sumalak is considered a traditional dessert of Turkic peoples.
These and other recipes suggest the use of wheat germ in various forms. But do not heat sprouts to keep maximum of their useful properties.
Mention of wheat germ can be found in ancient records. There is a legend about a fortress under siege. People are very hungry and could not fight with the enemy. To satisfy their hunger, they poured the remains of wheat germ out of the bags and made porridge from it (later sumalak). Having quenched their hunger, the warriors received an incredible surge of vitality and strength, which helped them to repel the siege of the enemy. Thus, wheat germ became a symbol of power and vitality.
Studying the composition
The composition of the product is balanced and provides maximum absorption of all the nutrients contained in it. The body does not need to waste energy splitting minerals, proteins and fats. During the germination of grain, its proteins are broken down into amino acids, and then into nucleotides.
Starch turns into maltose, fats - into acids. Grain substances that are not immediately absorbed by the body, break down into elements, which are components for the formation of nucleic acids - the genetic material of our body. During this period, large quantities of vitamins and enzymes are formed.
Sprouted wheat grains have a rich vitamin composition (100 g):
- tocopherol (E) - 21.0 mg,
- Niacin (B3) - 3.087 mg,
- pyridoxine (B6) - 3.0 mg,
- ascorbic acid (C) - 2.6 mg,
- thiamine (B1) - 2.0 mg,
- Pantothenic acid (B5) - 0.947 mg,
- Riboflavin (B2) - 0.7 mg,
- folic acid (B9) - 0.038 mg.
Wheat seedlings are rich in minerals (content in 100 g):
- phosphorus - 197 mg,
- potassium - 170 mg,
- magnesium - 79 mg,
- Calcium - 68 mg,
- sodium — 17 mg,
- copper - 259 mg,
- iron - 2.16 mg,
- manganese -1.86 mg
- Zinc - 1.7 mg,
- selenium - 430 mcg.
Possible harm and contraindications
For all its usefulness, sprouted wheat shoots have contraindications:
- Do not use them to children under 12 years old, as well as people with duodenal ulcer and those who have recently had surgery,
- combined with dairy products can cause increased gas formation,
- people who are allergic to gluten should use this product with caution,
- dizziness, diarrhea, weakness may occur at the beginning of the course.
Is it possible to use grain
During certain periods of your life, you should pay special attention to the foods that you eat, in particular, during pregnancy, while breastfeeding and in baby diets. This also applies to the product we are considering.
Pregnant and lactating
Vitamin and mineral complexes contained in the product are of natural origin, therefore, the intake of seedlings is recommended during pregnancy and lactation. If there is no allergy to gluten, taking seedlings is not only possible but necessary.
In addition to all the above useful qualities, there are a fair dose of folic acid in the sprouts necessary for the proper formation of the nervous system of the fetus. A nutritional supplement will help restore a young mother strength after giving birth, improve the nutritional quality of breast milk.
Infants and older children
Sprouted wheat grains are not recommended for children under the age of 12, as the child's digestive tract is not yet ready for proper absorption of such food. For this reason, the child can be given a little germinated grains only after the specified age.
How to lose weight on wheat
If you decide that you need to lose a few extra pounds, try to cook a few simple dishes with sprouts:
- for breakfast, eat a cocktail of the following ingredients: green apple - 2 pcs., wheat seedlings - 2 tbsp. l Components should be crushed with a blender. In this healthy breakfast, high content of iron and fiber, and its caloric content is about 240 kcal. The next meal (including tea, coffee and various drinks) should be carried out not earlier than after 4 hours, food should be fractional,
- take the seedlings - 3 tbsp. l and honey - 2 tsp. Sprouts skip through a meat grinder, mix with honey. The resulting mixture should not drink down, the next meal should be no earlier than after three hours,
- Mix 100 g (daily allowance) of sprouted wheat with two diced cucumbers. Add herbs to taste and a spoonful of olive oil,
- Mix in a blender 3 tbsp. l seedling with a spoon of nuts. Add 1 tsp. honey
- Soak 8 pcs at night. prunes. In the morning drain the water, add a grated apple and 0.5 cups of wheat germ to the prunes.
You can make this diet dessert:
- low-fat cottage cheese - 3 tbsp. l.,
- prunes - 4 pcs.,
- sprouts - 2 tbsp. l.,
- yogurt or kefir - 1 tbsp. l.,
- fresh fruit (chopped) - 1 cup.
- We sort out wheat, wash it with water, remove dry seeds and litter.
- Fill with water and leave for a day. After 12 hours it is necessary to change the water.
- After a day, drain the water, lay out the wheat in a thin layer on a clean surface and cover with a wet towel.
- Periodically wet the towel so that it is constantly wet.
- After 2-3 days the seeds are ready, they need to be stored in the refrigerator.
How to take wheat germ
Germinated grains are digested by our body for a long time. This quality contributes to the long-term preservation of feelings of satiety. The daily rate of this dietary supplement is from 60 to 100 g.
You can divide the daily rate into two parts, one to eat for breakfast, the other for lunch. In the evening, this is not worth it, so as not to burden the body with work at night. It is believed that the seedlings are most successfully combined with salads, dried fruits, honey and various types of nuts.
Salad with apple and cabbage
For its preparation, we need the following ingredients:
- white cabbage - 200 g,
- Apple - 1 pc.,
- orange - 1/2 pieces,
- lemon - 1/2 pcs.,
- wheat seedlings - 100 g
Chop the cabbage, add the sliced and peeled apple, season with the juice of half an orange and half a lemon. Add wheat and mix. Salad ready. If you are not indifferent to your health, try to introduce into your diet such a useful and, at the same time, simple product, like germinated grains of wheat. They will enrich your body with beneficial substances, strengthen your health and improve immunity.
Useful tips on growing
- Grain must be thoroughly rinsed with cold running water.
- Soak the seeds in porcelain, glass or pottery so that they have minimal contact with the metal.
- After you pour the water over the grains, remove the seeds that have emerged - they are unsuitable for germination.
- The first soaking should last at least 6 hours. During this time, the liquid absorbs all the harmful substances. It becomes dark in color and has a peculiar smell. This water must be drained and used clean.
- If you are going to germinate seeds for the first time, then you should not be zealous with this process. It is better to take less seeds, but do it all right and get high-quality grains of wheat germ. The portion for one person is not more than 100 grams.
About the valuable properties of wheat germ has been known for a long time. It was used as a drug for many ailments, as well as a miracle cure for the preservation of youth. Today, sprouted wheat sprouts are considered the most useful food to improve human health.
Why are wheat germ useful?
Wheat grains have three component parts:
- germ - the central part of the grain, enriched with fats and vitamins,
- the shell of the grain is the hard and top coating layer of the wheat fruit, which consists of fibers and is called bran,
- the core (endosperm) is a bulk starch layer between the embryo and the envelope saturated with carbon.
Wheat sprouts differ from ordinary wheat in their properties. During germination, the proportions of nutrients change in the grain. A large amount of protein is formed in sprouts, and the amount of carbon in the grain decreases, which are used in the growth process.
Wheat germ contains vitamins A, B, E and D, and there are also eighteen amino acids. In germinated grains, active decomposition of all nutrients that are found in wheat germ occurs. This process facilitates the absorption of nutrients by the body.
Wheatgrass is valued for its beneficial elements:
- vegetable protein mass
- folic acid,
In sprouts there is a significant proportion of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Sprouted seeds contain magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus and many other trace elements. Also, wheat is a source of fiber.
Useful properties for the human body
Wheat germ contains germ oil - oktkozanol, which is a source of vitamin E and promotes the elimination of cholesterol from the body. In medicine, wheat grains with sprouts are used as an additional tool in the complex treatment of many diseases. Doctors advise the use of germinated grain, as they help:
- normalize metabolism
- remove toxins from the body
- bring out cholesterol
- increase the defense of the immune system
- stabilize the intestinal microflora,
- increase the body's resistance to cold,
- improve eyesight
- prevent the formation of toxins in the body,
- saturate the blood with oxygen
- stop the inflammatory processes
- fight infections
- heal wounds.
Wheat germ helps to restore many of the vital functions of the human body. Taking regularly such a nutritional product can significantly strengthen the nail plate, improve the structure of the hair and significantly rejuvenate the skin.
Research scientists have concluded that the use of wheat germ prevents the occurrence of tumors and forms in the body a protective reaction against cancer.
For men, wheat sprouts are an indispensable source of zinc. Due to the sufficient amount of this element in the embryo, the male germ cells are able to fully realize the function of fertilization.
How to take wheat sprouts (doctor's advice)
Sprouted wheat is used in food not only raw. From this useful product prepare various dishes - porridges, kissels, soups and salads.
Wheat sprouts must be consumed before lunch, as the body needs considerable time to digest this product. In the menu, wheat germ is introduced little by little, otherwise an upset stomach may occur.
- The first portions of the product should consist of two teaspoons.
- The volume of sprouts consumed gradually increases over three months.
- The maximum dose of a daily portion consists of eighty grams of wheat raw materials.
You can cook various baked goods with ground seeds with seedlings, but during heat treatment a significant proportion of valuable substances disappears. To obtain all the beneficial components contained in wheat germ, it is best to use it raw.
Often wheat seeds with sprouts are poured with dairy products. Before such combination of food ingredients, you should first eat a small portion and check for tolerance by the stomach of this combination.
Initially, taking wheat seeds with sprouts can cause weakness, dizziness and diarrhea, but after a couple of days, these symptoms will disappear. The first results of wheat nutrition begin to appear after a couple of weeks.
Germinated grains as a means to lose weight are taken in its natural form. To combat excess weight it is necessary to eat no more than three tablespoons of the product in the morning. Such a morning portion of sprouted wheat saturates the body for the whole day, eliminating the feeling of hunger for a long time. Kilograms do not disappear quickly, but the result remains for a long time.
Simple helpful recipes for diet food:
Oatmeal Porridge with Wheat Germ:
oatmeal is poured with hot boiled milk and left to swell for five minutes. To the finished porridge is added raisins, nuts, honey and one spoon of ground, germinated wheat grains.
Wheat germ wheat:
Chopped grains with sprouts are added to the saucepan with water, and cooked for three minutes. After it is covered with a lid and left for half an hour to infuse. Before use, the finished kissel is filtered.
The ground wheat germ is mixed with a small amount of water, crushed sea kale, salt and passaged onions. Cakes are formed from these components, which are fried in olive or sunflower oil on both sides. Nuts can be added to the dough.
In a plate, put a little pre-soaked raisins in water, a handful of sprouted wheat grains and cleaned, grated avocado grated. All components mix. Adding vegetable oil. This salad is very healthy, as it has many essential vitamins.
Salad with apples and cucumbers:
Washed cucumbers and apples, not peeling, cut into cubes. All pour sour cream, adding a couple of tablespoons of wheat germ and chopped garlic. Mix the salad, pour over the honey and garnish with fresh berries.
Cutlets from germinated crushed grains:
Grains, zucchini, salt and pepper are passed through the meat grinder. An egg is added to the minced vegetable and mixed. Котлеты жарятся на сковороде, смазанной оливковым или подсолнечным маслом.
Измельченная проросшая пшеница смешивается с орехами и сухофруктами. С полученного теста лепятся шарики и обкатываются в кунжуте и маковых зернах. Cookies are baked in the oven for twenty minutes over medium heat.
In a blender, germinated grains with water in a ratio of 1: 4. In the process, nuts and raisins are gradually added. The resulting milk mixture is filtered. Such milk can be stored in a cold place for two days.
In a half liter of water, add half a cup of ground wheat grains with sprouts and cover the container with a gauze cut. Such brew must be brewed for three days, after which it is filtered. For the preparation of the next batch of drink, you can use those same grains.
Sprouted Grain Soup:
Pour four hundred milligrams of water into a saucepan, add finely chopped vegetables - carrots, potatoes and onions. Cook the soup mixture and remove from the heat to cool for ten minutes. After you need to pour three tablespoons of germinated wheat grains, pepper and bay leaf. Salt is not added to wheat soup. Bring soup to a boil and remove from heat, let it infuse for ten minutes. Introducing such a soup in the daily diet can significantly improve immunity.
Dessert made from germinated seeds with yogurt:
Add peeled and diced apples to sprouted slightly salted wheat grains. Ingredients mix and pour with yogurt. This dessert is great for a light diet breakfast.
I have a familiar grandmother and grandfather all my life eating wheat to see my grandfather give me 65 years old and go so try to catch up and think for both of them already over 90 and practically don’t apply to doctors here and draw your own conclusions to eat sprouted wheat now or tablets later
I have been eating wheat for a couple of months and I felt a great surge of energy and my mood became much better. I am 25 years old. Every winter before, I had lethargy, fatigue, weakness, sleep all the time, I wanted to sleep. Everything was blamed on dystonia. It is difficult to say exactly what has changed. There was a general vigor, tone. The nails really began to look better, my hair also improved, I do not have gray hair, so I don `t know whether it helps or not. Myopia has become less by 0.5. I don `t know whether it is connected with wheat or not, but for the last 5 years my vision has not changed. (I check it once a year). I do not have excess weight. I cook porridge every morning in water and add wheat.
The composition of the product
Wheat grains began to germinate and eat for a reason, this is due to the high concentration of vitamins and minerals contained in this food product.
As for vitamins, in wheat germinated grains in large quantities can be identified content:
- ascorbic acid
- Pantothenic acid
Calorie and nutritional value of the product
Germinated grains contain an average amount of calories, but given the fact that the product is very nutritious, the body is quickly saturated with a minimum portion. 195 kilocalories per 100 grams of product.
Nutritional basis contains:
- fats - 1.3 g,
- carbohydrates - 41.4 g,
- proteins - 7.5 g,
- dietary fiber - 1.1 g,
- water - 47.75 g,
- ash substances - 1 g.
Dietary properties of the product
Since germinated wheat sprouts have a detoxification effect on the body, they can clean the intestines, normalize the amount of cholesterol in the body, and also supply it with necessary vitamins and trace elements - this allows you to stimulate weight loss.
The presence in the sprouts of a large amount of fiber will allow to saturate the body with the minimum amount of the consumed product and not to affect the weight gain. In order to achieve the desired effect, it is necessary in the morning on an empty stomach to eat 1 tsp. germinated grains.
How to germinate wheat quickly and correctly
In order to germinate wheat at home, it is recommended to purchase grain at the pharmacy. Pay attention to the packaging, choose a product that is labeled "Bio" or "Organic" - this is better suited for germination. It is very easy to germinate wheat, but the process is different for everyone and depends on the environmental conditions and the quality of the wheat grains. On average, the time interval during which the grains germinate is from 1 to 2 days.
In order to germinate wheat, you need to take a handful of wheat grains, rinse them well under cold running water, put them on a plate and cover with gauze or cotton cloth. Top with cold water to cover the grain.
During the day, you can rinse the seeds of germinated wheat from time to time, so that it does not become moldy, 2 washes will suffice.
It is important to prevent the wheat from completely drying during the germination process, so make sure that the fabric is constantly damp and pour water as needed. Before eating sprouted grains, they should be well washed under running water.
What can be cooked with seedlings
Wheat sprouts can be consumed not only independently, but also together with other products. With wheat germ, you can cook various types of jelly, biscuits, soups, salads, use as a side dish for main dishes.
Consider a few of the most popular and delicious recipes.
This salad belongs to the Chinese cuisine, it is very simple, but at the same time quite tasty and healthy.
For the preparation we need:
- one cucumber,
- two peeled garlic cloves,
- homemade mayonnaise - three tablespoons,
- salt to taste
- canned (boiled) sprouted wheat grains (sometimes it is replaced by beans) - one can.
- If fresh sprouted wheat grains are used, they should be boiled in boiling water for 3 minutes to make them softer.
- On a large grater, rub the cucumber to speed up the process. It can also be cut into strips or dice, depending on preference.
- Garlic skip through the garlic press, right in the bowl to the cucumber. Add germinated wheat grains, salt a little and fill all with mayonnaise. Mix the salad well and let it brew for 10 minutes.
- You can serve the finished dish on any dish that you like, but since the salad is Chinese, it will ideally look on a square Chinese plate.
Buns (sweet bread)
Lean dairy-free, bread based on sprouted grains is an excellent dietary product that is very healthy and can be eaten even on a diet.
To prepare such a product you need:
- 300 g wheat germ,
- 200 g of dates or other dried fruits to taste (you can mix several types),
- one tablespoon of honey
- 100 g of any nuts or seeds,
- Cinnamon, Poppy, Sesame - to taste.
- Mince dates with nuts, to give them a pasty consistency.
- In the prepared dough add one tablespoon of honey, as well as any nuts or seeds to taste. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet and put flat cakes in the form of round buns with a spoon or with hands dipped in water. Their thickness should be about 1-1.5 centimeters. Billet sprinkle cinnamon, poppy seeds and sesame seeds, depending on preference, you can make each type a little. Put the billet in the oven heated to 170 degrees and bake for about 40 minutes.
- After this time, the buns are removed from the oven and lubricated with honey water. To do this, 100 grams of water diluted with one tablespoon of honey. Silicone brush is used for lubrication.
- Buns are again sent to the oven for 10 minutes to browse. When the buns are ready, they get out of the oven to cool.
- You can use them for breakfast, lunch and dinner as a snack or as an alternative to bread, baking or sweets.
Germinated flax helps to cope with existing allergic processes, arthrosis and arthritis, dysbacteriosis. It is also a good product for preventive effects on the cardiovascular system.
This product is very useful for pregnant women, as it helps to avoid toxicosis, normalizes the gastrointestinal tract, prevents weight gain.
Flax seeds germinate much harder than the seeds of other crops, as in the process of soaking, they form mucous bags around each seed. To avoid this, it is necessary to properly select the dry product that will be used for germination. Keep seeds dry and separate easily.
Broccoli sprouts are considered the most useful because they are known for their anticarcinogenic effects on the body due to the large amount of glucoraphanin, which has a powerful anti-cancer effect. Its quantity in broccoli sprouts is 50 times more than the content in cabbage itself, which is considered the most useful product against cancer. Germination seeds of broccoli are purchased at any seed shop, germinated in the same way as wheat seeds.
Soy contains a large amount of active protein and many essential vitamins and minerals. If you regularly use this product, you can prevent the formation of "bad" cholesterol, clean the vessels. Soybean sprouts affect the normalization of the liver and nervous system, also improve sleep.
Eating soy sprouts, you can have a preventive effect on the body, preventing the occurrence of heart disease, blood vessels, gallstone disease and certain types of cancer.
It is easy to germinate soybean sprouts - just like other seeds. Thus, wheat germ sprouts are the ideal food for those who want to eat right, lose weight and look after their health. The main thing is not to overdo it with the daily norm of the consumed product in order to avoid possible health problems.