Tomato Dwarf - this is not one variety, but a series created specifically to grow garden crops in a limited space. In all varieties of the Gnome series, tomato bushes are notable for their short stature and compactness.
Most plants have wrinkled leaves that are potato-like in structure. Despite the miniature, tomatoes have high yields. They can be considered the last best invention of breeders.
General characteristics of the Dwarfs
Dwarf tomatoes bred in different countries have a number of common qualities:
- Plants of the series Dwarf tomato early fruit. It is enough for them to ripen the fruits of 87-110 days. That is, from June to August, vegetable lovers can feast on miniature tomatoes.
- Low bushes have a small branching, so they can serve as a garden decoration. They are planted on window sills, balconies.
- Gnomes do not need a garter and pasynkovanie, as the height of the bushes does not exceed sixty centimeters. They are unpretentious in care, grow well in any conditions.
- The shape of the fruit is rounded with fleshy, juicy pulp, weighing just over fifty to sixty grams.
- Fruits perfectly withstand transportation, while maintaining an excellent presentation.
- The yield of the series Dwarf Tomato is three kilograms from one bush.
- Plants are resistant to major diseases of vegetables.
Many growers are trying to buy tomatoes, as they grow well in a limited area. Vegetable plants are ideal for small household plots.
Breeders from different countries are engaged in the cultivation of varietal tomato series Gnome. Now there are more than twenty of them in the bank.
Most Popular Gnomes
The most common varieties of the Gnome Tomato series are:
- Sweet sue
- Pierf pride
- Tasmanian Chocolate
- Victorian Dwarf,
- New Big Dwarf,
- Arctic Rose,
- Dwarf Purple Heart.
Miniature plants differ in taste and color of fruits.
Characteristic Gnome Sweet Sue
The representative of the new variety is Sweet Sue. Tomato has an interesting color - amber-transparent. At the end of the growing season, a small blush zone is visible on the tomatoes. Fruits are similar in appearance to fruits, with the same sweet taste. Under the thin skin is fleshy pulp with a small amount of seeds. Mass tomato reaches one hundred and forty grams.
Perf Pride - Tomatoes Aristocrat
Small rounded tomatoes of dark-purple color on srednerosly bushes look exotic. Sweet to the taste, with a slight sourness, they are suitable for making sauces. Good and fresh, and in summer salads.
Cultivated variety in open ground, reaching a height of seventy centimeters, in greenhouses - up to one and a half meters. Tomato refers to the breeding of 2011.
The variety from the tomato project has only positive characteristics - large purple fruits are tasty. Grow plants in open ground seedling method. When planting seedlings doubt their readiness for development: they reach a height of only twenty centimeters, do not have a single flower brush. Planted bushes grow slowly, but fruit ripen on them in mid-August. For sweetness, tomatoes are not inferior to other varieties from the Gnome Tomato series, and by weight more - up to one hundred and eighty grams each.
Gnome originally from Australia
The miniature bushes of the Victorian Gnome reach a height of fifty centimeters. The plant is ideal for growing in pots. This is the best balcony view of tomatoes. In the dense dense foliage hiding red round tomatoes, slightly flattened on top. Massa fruits reach a hundred grams and above.
New from USA
The description of the New Big Gnome includes the following parameters:
- Ripening period - up to 110 days from the date of germination.
- The height of the bush - one meter.
- Rounded, flat fruits of a red-pink tone.
- Tomatoes taste sweet, fleshy.
- Resistant to rapid temperature changes, the main fungal, viral diseases of vegetables.
In the breeding variant, only the best qualities of tomato parents are collected.
The determinant Dwarf Arctic Rose can only grow up to forty centimeters in height. But bestows such delicious, sweet tomatoes that just melt in your mouth. The harvested crop is used to make salads, and children are happy to send red fruit into their mouths, as an excellent delicacy. Yes, and grow them a pleasure. To form bushes and tie up the plants is not necessary. They are well acclimatized in open and closed ground.
Tomatoes purple heart
One of the rare varieties designed for protected soils. Although tomatoes can be planted in the garden. The standard form of the plant does not require formation. Some break off shoots before the formation of the first flower brush, which increases the yield of the vegetable.
Fruits of chocolate-purple color are heart-shaped. The juicy flesh, similar to jelly, resembles the scent of exotic fruits. Use purple heart tomatoes for making salads, tomato juice. Pleases a variety of high yields - up to two kilograms from one plant.
Vegetable growers about the project Gnome
Varieties of the Dwarf series have only positive reviews. Note the high taste of tomatoes. They do not require much hassle in growing, unpretentious, easy to care for the bushes. Grown tomatoes have the highest characteristics. They are used in dietary and baby food. They contain a large amount of vitamins, minerals. The benefits of their use are enormous: they increase mood, improve the performance of the gastrointestinal tract, and normalize the metabolism.
For those who want to lose those extra pounds, it is necessary to include tomatoes in the diet, both red and multi-colored. Therefore it is worth growing the variety you like from the Gnome project.
Varietal variety, excellent taste of tomatoes pleases gardeners, because you can choose what you like, the vegetable meets the most demanding taste. Those who planted mini tomatoes, believes that they serve as an ornament of country sites, small territories, balconies, and loggias. And for residents of large cities - this is the best way to grow an environmentally friendly product in a pot on the windowsill.
Tomatoes of the Gnome Tomato series appeared in the early 2000s. The main breeders who were engaged in the development were specialists from the USA and Australia. Literally 13 years later, more precisely in 2013, this variety was slightly improved by Russian breeders.
In 2014, Dwarf tomatoes were listed in the National Register of the Russian Federation. For the CIS countries, a new variety of the same series was introduced, which had a more overall shape and had a cylindrical shape.
Tomato gnome is notable for its high yields. In addition, its harvest does not depend on climatic conditions and can show its best qualities in cold conditions. That is, it is ideal for planting in Russia.
A new variety of tomatoes Dwarf is notable for its early ripeness. Its growing season is only 90-100 days from the appearance of the first shoots. He is not whimsical to climatic conditions. This type of tomato is determinant and can be grown in greenhouse or open ground conditions.
There is also a non-standard bush, the height of which does not exceed the mark of 50-60 cm. The bush does not have to be put. The foliage is fairly ordinary and has a medium size characteristic. The description says that the foliage has a dark saturated shade of green and has a glossy surface. Inflorescence is presented in a standard form.
Description of the fetus
The description and characteristics of the Dwarf tomato variety indicate that the fruits are presented in a rounded shape. Their surface is smooth and has a rich shade of red. They resemble the Purple Heart variety a bit. The weight of the ripe fruit is about 50-60 g. The taste is saturated, despite the fact that this new variety belongs to the early-ripening species, because all gardeners know that the early varieties do not have a rich taste, because they do not have time to fill with all the nutrients. The yield of the species is quite high. If all the rules of planting and cultivation are properly followed, then from 1 m2 it is really possible to collect about 6 kg of selected tomatoes.
Due to its characteristics of taste and appearance, these tomatoes are used in all areas of human activity. They can be consumed fresh or prepared from them salads. They are also ideal for canning and pickling.
Advantages and disadvantages
The description and characteristics of the variety state that this species has a large number of positive qualities. The main advantages include the following indicators:
- high level of resistance to most diseases,
- universality in use and preparation,
- a large indicator of unpretentiousness to climatic conditions,
- possibility of transportation over long distances
- during prolonged storage, the fruits do not lose their original appearance,
- excellent taste and appearance.
We can safely say that the Dwarf series of tomatoes has no flaws.
Transplant seedlings do in the evening
Cultivation of this species occurs on the same principle as the Purple Heart. The cultivation of this variety is that the seeds are not used for planting in open ground. It is important to plant only seedlings. Therefore, in early March, tomato seeds should be planted in special containers located in the greenhouse. Planting depth of seeds should not exceed 1.5 cm.
After the appearance of the first shoots, it is recommended to count 60 days. It is during this period of time should be planted in open ground. Landing should be carried out at a time when there is no bright sunlight outside. The ideal time is cloudy, or the evening of a summer day. Due to the fact that the bushes do not have large dimensions, they can be planted on 6 pieces per 1 m2. Between the rows should adhere to a distance of 30-35 cm.
Caring for this type of tomato is standard and does not require much strength and skill. Every two weeks you should make a special feed, which include both organic and mineral substances. Drugs, humus or wood ash are used as organics. But mineral fertilizers should have a high concentration of potassium and phosphorus.
Watering should be used drip, because it allows moisture to penetrate into the ground and does not cause an excess of moisture. Watering should be done with exceptionally warm water. Also, do not forget about regular loosening of the soil, removal of all weeds and weeding the beds.
General characteristics of the series
Varieties of the Gnome Tomato Series, or Dwarf tomato, were bred simultaneously in different countries.
The selection work was based on the requirements of plant compactness, early ripeness and dessert taste of fruits:
- Tomatoes can be grown both in the open and in the ground, placing 5-6 bushes per 1 m²,
- The bushes weakly branch and practically do not form stepchildren, facilitating the work of the vegetable grower,
- the first harvest can be obtained in 85-110 days from the moment of seed germination,
- Any variety from the series can be grown as a balcony option (in a tub or box),
- the taste is sweet, with a characteristic tomato smell, but in fruits with dark color these qualities are more pronounced,
- due to the early yield of the crop, the plants are not susceptible to late blight and macrosporosis.
Representatives of the Gnome Tomato series can be undersized (40–50 cm) and reach a height of 130 cm. The average yield per bush for dwarf plants is 3–4 kg, and tall can give 5–6 kg.
A distinctive feature of the varieties of the Dwarf series is the large-fruited compact species. Even miniature bushes produce fruits weighing up to 150 g, and some new varieties grow to 300 g. Because of the severity of the brushes, the stems lie down, so they are recommended to be grown with a garter to the support.
The color of the fruits of tomatoes in the Gnome Tomatoes series is diverse, and this can be seen in the photo. Breeders pay great attention not only to the technical properties of the varieties, but also their decorativeness. In the series there are both green and dark-fruited species. There are tomatoes with a pink-tinged color, golden and orange. But the most beautiful - striped (Ferokkkay, Striped Anto) and bicolor (shadow boxing).
Description of some varieties
In Russia, there are about 20 varieties of tomato series Gnome Tomato, suitable for local conditions. Breeders continue to work on the series, and new types of tomatoes are constantly appearing on the market:
- A variety of American breeding tomato that has recently appeared on the market. The new large Dwarf has all the best features of the series. Characteristics and description of the variety tell us that these are early-ripening plants with fruit ripening for 110 days after sowing. Coloring ripe tomatoes pinkish-red, rich hue. Flat rounded fruits reach a mass of 200-300 g, have a fleshy structure and a sweet taste. They are well suited for fresh consumption, as well as for processing into juice or mashed potatoes (tomato paste, lecho). The height of the bushes - 90-100 cm.
- Variety Dwarf Arctic Rose - a representative of miniature tomatoes. The height of the bush - 40 cm. It can be grown on a balcony or window. No less successful landing in open ground. Pink fruits have a sweet taste, and their mass reaches 100-150 g. The disadvantage inherent in tomatoes grown in open ground can be considered the formation of a greenish spot near the stem.
- The novelties include tomato variety Dwarf Sweet Sue. Bushes are compact, 50-60 cm high. The even spherical fruits of the plant are noteworthy. The skin color is golden, the mass of the tomato reaches 140 g. The flesh is of a delicate melon texture with a very sweet taste.
- The exotic color is in the fruits of the new tomato Dwarf Purple Heart, while the chocolate-purple color is inherent not only in the skin, but also in the pulp of the tomatoes. The texture is delicate, the taste is sweet, has a fruity aroma. The plant is standard, high (up to 70 cm), requires a garter. The grade is recommended for the closed soil.
Agrotechnology series of tomatoes Dwarf does not differ complexity:
- sowing on seedlings produced 2 months before disembarking,
- with the formation of 1-2 true leaves, the seedlings dive according to the 7x7 cm scheme,
- disembarkation is carried out at the beginning of May (in closed ground) or in the 1st decade of June,
- when setting and pouring fruit, it is important to ensure an adequate amount of moisture.
If tomatoes are planted according to a compacted pattern (5-6 pieces / 1 m²), then as they grow, it is desirable to remove the lower leaves.
Vegetable growers about tomatoes Dwarf
The reviews of those who planted the Dwarf series tomatoes on their site are always positive: this also applies to the overall yield of plants and their excellent taste. But gardeners who grew this variety in greenhouses sometimes find it not particularly advantageous because of the short stature of the bushes and their determinism: in the greenhouse, tomatoes could bear fruit longer. These same people believe that the Gnome series is ideal for open ground, and they want to plant these tomatoes next season.
“Dwarf” is a fairly compact variety of tomatoes, which gives not only small fruits, but also grows low and branches little. Given the miniature and accuracy of the plant form, these tomatoes can be grown not only for harvesting, but also for aesthetic purposes. Bushes well decorate the dacha, as well as suitable for growing on the windowsill or on the loggia, balcony.
The main characteristics of a variety of tomatoes "Gnome":
- determinant type - has a limited and small height,
- grows no more than 50-60 cm in height,
- branches little bush neat
- shtambovy - upright, short, does not fall on the ground even under the weight of fruits,
- not a lot of leaves, and they are small, medium-sized, of the usual type, light green, slightly wrinkled, glossy,
- the stems are rather thick, fleshy, strong,
- inflorescences are compact and simple. The first inflorescence appears after the 6th or 7th leaf, and all the rest are formed every 1 or 2 leaves.
The advantages of a variety of tomatoes "Gnome":
- early maturity
- short stature
- resistance to the majority of diseases that are susceptible
- unpretentious care
- resistance to temperature extremes
- excellent taste of fruits,
- possibility of transportation without loss of presentation
- long shelf life.
- landing in open ground is unacceptable if there is still a threat of night frost,
- due to the short stature of plants in the greenhouse, the yield of the product from 1 square meter. m less than in the open field, which makes cultivation in the greenhouse unprofitable,
- without additional feeding yield decreases slightly.
Fruit characteristics and yield
The variety of tomatoes "Dwarf" is early ripening, and the first ripe tomatoes appear only after about 90-110 days after germination. Provided that the night frosts just passed, these tomatoes can already be planted in the ground. In a greenhouse, this is possible already at the beginning of April or even as early as March, and they are most often planted in the garden from the beginning of May. Thus, from the first summer days to the end of the summer season you can harvest.
Tomatoes at the "Gnome" have a rounded shape, the skin is smooth and shiny. The flesh in them is juicy and fleshy. Mature fruits have a bright red color. The taste is good, rich, fresh. The weight of one fruit is in the range of 50-60 g.
С одного куста можно собрать от 1,5 до 3 кг томатов. Или же с 1 кв. m, which are 5-6 bushes, there will be a yield of 5 to 7 kg minimum.
The "Gnome" high probability of the ovary, even under adverse conditions. About 60 units of tomatoes can be harvested from a single plant, because this variety has a very long ripening period.
Tomatoes are well stored and transported, they do not slezhivatsya and do not crack.
Tomatoes keep their shape well, retain their flavor and do not lose their structure during cooking, which makes it possible to use them in a wide variety of culinary options.
Selection of seedlings
Ensuring that you get a good harvest is good seedling. The surest way to be sure of the quality of the seedlings is to grow it yourself from seed.
But if you don’t want to do this or you don’t have the opportunity to do it, or for some reason you missed the time when you need to sow the seeds, then you have to take ready seedlings on the market.
The choice of seedlings must be approached responsibly, since the quality of future adult plants, as well as their yield, depend on the quality of seedlings.
Therefore, in this matter should be guided by the following criteria:
- Do not buy seedlings on which the ovary has already formed. Small red tomatoes attract attention, but this is a deceptive impression. In most cases, such an early ovary perishes when it is planted in open ground, and the next ovary will still have to wait, and this is a lost time, when you could already harvest the first crop.
- You should also not buy too thick "jungle" of tomatoes, which have very thick and fleshy stems and huge foliage. Such plants look attractive, but this means that the sprouts were fertilized with nitrogen, which gives a violent growth of tops, but sadly affects the amount of crop, which practically will not be.
- The optimum thickness of the stem in a good seedling should be approximately as a simple pencil. Also, young tomatoes of the "Dwarf" variety should have about 7-8 sheets and one clearly visible flower brush.
- Look closely at the lower leaves - they should be a uniform green color, without yellowness, without brown or darkened tips, not worn out.
- There should be no damage and pests on the plants - no rot, no mold, no bugs.
- It is best to take the already pike seedlings. It has an extensive and robust root system, which is an indicator of the viability of the plant. This is evidenced by a dense lump of roots. Unpicked seedlings have a tap root system, which means it will take longer to settle down, because it still needs to increase the root mass, therefore it is better to abandon such plants.
- Prefer tempered seedlings. It is adopted faster, it is not afraid of cold snaps and is more resistant to temperature extremes. Such plants usually have a rich bright green color. Hothouse seedlings, in contrast to the hardened, has a pale green, delicate color and when it is planted in the ground it is very afraid of temperature changes - the plants often die.
When growing seedlings, it is important to consider several criteria:
- soil composition
- temperature conditions.
Humidity. These tomatoes need regular hydration, but do not like an excess of moisture. Water the plants as the top layer of the earth dries, but it should not dry out. Also, the water should not accumulate at the bottom, otherwise the roots will rot. Therefore, make sure that the tanks with seedlings have a good drainage system, and the excess water freely leaves the pot or boxes. Watering is carried out with water at room temperature.
Lighting. Light day for the "Gnome" should last at least 11-12 hours a day. Therefore, seedlings are kept on window sills or, if the daylight is short for a natural day, under fluorescent lamps. This variety is usually not drawn even with a lack of light, but with a sufficient amount of plants grow faster.
Temperature mode. If you grow the seedlings themselves from the seeds, after the appearance of the first plant shoots, you need to get out of the insulated place and immediately begin to harden. This means that containers with plants are placed on a glazed loggia or veranda, where the temperature will be between +14 ° C and +16 ° C.
With the appearance of the first sunny days and the same temperature outside, young tomatoes can be brought to the open sun for a while. It perfectly hardens the shoots, because they have innate protection from UV rays. Further, if the first days are missed, such an event no longer makes sense.
In such a cool temperature regime, the seedlings are kept for about two weeks, after which the temperature is raised to values from +18 ° C to +20 ° C. But at night you can still lower the temperature to + 14. +16 ° C. To do this, you can simply open the window, but be sure that there are no drafts, and the plants are not blown.
Seed preparation and planting
If you decide not to buy already prepared Dwarf tomato seedlings, you can grow them yourself from seeds. This process is carried out in several stages.
- Planting time is an important factor when planting, which depends on your region of residence. You need to push off from the fact that the seedlings are ready to be transplanted into the open ground after about two months (60 days) from the appearance of the first shoots. And plants are planted in the garden after the temperature stabilizes outside, and night frosts no longer threaten. In central Russia, this period begins approximately at the end of April - beginning of May. This means that the seeds need to be sown two months before this - in late February - early March. In colder regions and northern latitudes, this occurs later. In the southern regions - before. The main thing is that after disembarking in open ground the air temperature does not fall to negative values.
- The process of sowing seeds begins with their preliminary preparation for planting in the soil. Preparation consists of special treatment of seeds, which increases their germination and resistance to various diseases. First of all, the seeds must be processed within 20 minutes with potassium permanganate; for this, Fitosporin is also suitable. After that, the seeds are washed under running water and immersed for 5-6 hours in a growth stimulator. For this you can also use the drug "Radiance-1."
- The seeds are now ready for sowing in boxes that have a drainage layer and holes for waste water to escape. The soil in the boxes must be prepared, disinfected, nutritious, light, breathable, moistened.
- The seeds are spread into the soil at a distance of 2-3 cm from each other and covered with a thin layer (5-6 mm) of soil from above. [/ Li]
- Boxes with seedlings are covered with a transparent film to create greenhouse conditions and placed in some warm place - for example, near the battery or in the kitchen. The temperature should be between +25 ° C and +30 ° C.
- Once or twice a day, the film can be slightly opened for airing and to avoid the appearance of mold.
- Watering the seeds is not necessary, as under the film moisture is well preserved during the entire period of maintaining greenhouse conditions, and the soil does not dry out. But if the soil still dries, its moisture can be restored by spraying water from a spray bottle. If, on the contrary, humidity is excessive, open the drawers for a day and let the ground dry out a little.
Video: how to plant tomatoes
Maintenance and care
The higher the temperature, the faster the first shoots will appear. If the temperature is above +25 ° C, it may occur earlier than in a week. From the moment of the appearance of the first shoots, the seedlings are opened and transferred to the window sill, lowering the temperature to +14. +16 ° C.
After about a week and a half in the phase of two true leaves, seedlings dive into separate cups or small containers. Do it carefully, trying not to damage the delicate roots.
2-3 weeks after the first shoots, the plants are given the first feeding. In the future, tomatoes are fed once a week. As fertilizers, you can use manure, biohumus, humic fertilizers.
Watering is carried out regularly, without pouring. The best is considered to be watered once a week until the first 5-7 leaves appear, and after that you can water a little more often - once within 3-4 days.
Transplantation into open ground takes place approximately 2 months after the appearance of the first shoots. For tomatoes, "Dwarf" is best to choose places in the garden, protected from drafts and wind, where water does not accumulate during the rain and there is good illumination by the sun.
Since the bushes at the "Gnome" compact, then 1 square. m of land can accommodate about 5-6 plants. The holes are dug at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other, and the distance between the rows should be about 50 cm.
Before transferring the seedlings to the wells, they are fertilized. Ash, compost and mineral fertilizers are poured at the bottom of the pit. After that, seedlings are immersed in the wells, covered with earth, slightly tamped and watered abundantly.
If the weather is predominantly sunny outside, then you need to attend to the shelter of young plants for the first time from direct sunlight. It is necessary that the immature tomatoes are not burned.
In the future, care for the "Gnome" is not burdensome. Tomatoes grow well if they are periodically fed. In the first couple of weeks, plants can be given top dressing from herbal infusions containing nitrogen. And further use phosphorus-potassium fertilizers.
As the weeds appear, weeding is carried out, and the soil is loosened. When the earth dries up - the bushes are watered. A fertilizer is given after watering or rain.
In tying tomatoes variety "Dwarf" do not need, as they are short, have a straight and thick stem that does not fall on the ground with the appearance of fruit.
Pasynkovka these tomatoes are also not required, since they have a limited growth and give no more than one or two stepsons.
Disease and pest prevention
Tomatoes "Dwarf" initially more resistant than other varieties of tomatoes to the diseases inherent in the plants of the Solanaceae family. They have excellent resistance to late blight and macrosporosis. But if you do not follow the rules of care or under adverse weather conditions, plants can be affected by some fungal and viral diseases.
In order to protect plants from disease, it is necessary to adhere to several simple rules of prevention.
- It is not necessary to plant tomatoes on those parts of the vegetable garden, where previously (within the last 2-3 years) other solanaceae grew - pepper, eggplants, potatoes. It is better to select areas where the predecessors were cucumbers or cabbage.
- Prevention with drugs is always carried out at the stage of seeds and seedlings and consists in the treatment of young plants with means of protection - a solution of potassium permanganate, a weak solution of blue vitriol, preparations "Shining-1" or "Fitosporin".
Harvesting and storage
Harvesting the first harvest of tomato varieties "Dwarf" occurs a little more than three months after the appearance of the first shoots. The fruiting period most often begins in June, although it depends on the time when the seedlings were transferred to open ground.
The “Gnome” fruiting period is extended in time, long and plentiful. Tomatoes can be harvested almost throughout the summer. The shelf life of tomatoes is quite long and is about 30 days under room conditions or about 50 days in the refrigerator. Tomatoes are well transported, do not clump or crack, they have a presentation and do not lose their taste during the whole storage period.
Tomatoes variety "Dwarf" is great for growing in open ground. This is an advanced type of tomato that is precocious, compact, easy and unpretentious to maintain, with a rich, consistent and guaranteed high yield. In addition, the taste of this variety is very good, which makes tomatoes suitable for both canning and fresh consumption.
Video review of the tomato "Gnome"
Features of growing
Sowing seeds for seedlings spend 55-60 days before the proposed planting in the ground. Dive at the stage of 2 true leaves. When planting seedlings on a permanent place of 1 square meter is recommended to place up to 6 plants. Landing layout 50 x 30-40 cm.
Further care of the tomatoes consists of timely watering, fertilizing with complex fertilizers, weeding and preventive measures to protect the crop from diseases and pests.
Seed producer: agrofirma Aelita, Flora.
If you grew Gnome tomatoes, please write, did you like them or not? What was the yield and taste of the fruit in your climatic conditions? What do you think - is this tomato suitable for growing at home, on a balcony or windowsill? If possible, attach a photo of the entire bush or individual fruits grown by you.
Your reviews about Tomat Dwarf and additions to the description will help many gardeners to evaluate this variety more objectively and decide whether to plant it or not.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Refers to the early ripening, 116 days, determinant, from germination to maturity. Suitable for growing on open ground, and for film shelters, also allowed to grow on the balcony. The plant is weakly branching, sredneoblichnoe, height to half a meter. Sheet normal. The first inflorescence forms over a 6-7 leaf.
With proper farming techniques, the yield is up to 5 kg per 1 sq. M. The variety is distinguished by its taste properties. Versatile in use: suitable for salads, and for canning.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Such popularity of the variety is due to the presence of an extensive list of advantages, among the most important it should be noted that the variety:
- does not need to be staved,
- has medium-sized bushes, it allows you to place them even in a small greenhouse,
- early - usually ripen on July 10-15,
- has a strong immunity to many diseases
- with rather large fruits,
- resistant to adverse weather conditions
- well transported.
There were no particular deficiencies in the variety. Of course, if you violate the rules of agricultural technology, the yield can be significantly reduced.
Resistance to pests and diseases
An important advantage of this variety is resistance to most diseases of tomatoes, but when you need to remember about prevention and against fungal diseases: periodic airing of greenhouses, spraying with specialized means, etc.
Remember also about protection from such pests as:
Folk remedies for pests do not always help, so it is better to give preference to specialized products that can be purchased at a gardening shop.
Reviews of those who planted
Today, positive reviews are dominated by vegetable growers, in which such recommendations can be traced:
- someone to speed up germination, using a growth stimulator,
- someone advises not to allow excessive moisture, because it can cause rot,
- remember about airing in the greenhouse to prevent the formation of fungal diseases.
Tomato “Dwarf” - this is compact bushes, which are famous for high yield. Unpretentious in the care, have a versatile taste, versatile in cooking - this is a real find for the grower!